The Tape Preservative kit contains
- 2 oz LAST Tape Preservative fluid
- 1 dropper
- 4 applicators
- LAST Indicator Dots
LAST Tape Preservative substantially increases the life of magnetic tape by providing protection from both adverse environmental conditions and mechanical wear factors. Just one application protects for the life of the tape. One bottle of 2 oz. Tape Preservative will treat 17-20 standard 1800 foot length, 1/4″ wide tapes.
TAPE PRESERVATION INSTRUCTIONS:
- Uncap Tape Preservative bottle.
- Fill the dropper about 2/3 full. Use it to apply the preservative to an applicator swab. Recap bottle tightly. This is a sufficient treatment for 1800 feet of ¼” wide tape.
- Gently press the applicator against the oxide side of the tape (the side that touches the heads). Engage fast wind (or rewind). Note: For tapes longer than 1800 feet, alternate use of prepared applicators at 1800 foot intervals.
- Upon the completion of the wind (or rewind), tape is treated and ready for use.
- Affix indicator dot to tape storage box to indicate the tape has been treated.
To maximize benefits, use in conjunction with Tape Head Treatment.
NOTE: Keep TAPE PRESERVATIVE out of the reach of children.
LAST Applicators will accumulate loose oxide and debris from the tape. Therefore, when treatment is complete, remove these deposits by wiping pad with a lint free cloth. Severely soiled applicators may be cleaned with isopropyl alcohol. Thoroughly saturate pad, then squeeze and gently rub between clean toweling to remove contamination. Let pad dry thoroughly before using again, as alcohol is harmful to tape.