Here are the instructions for using All-Purpose Record Cleaner, both the 2 oz. and the 4 oz. bottles.
1. Place record on its record sleeve on a clean firm surface.
2. Place 3 drops of ALL-PURPOSE RECORD CLEANER on the applicator.
3. Spread ALL-PURPOSE RECORD CLEANER evenly by moving the bottle nozzle back and forth across the applicator. Then recap the bottle, to prevent evaporation.
4. Clean record by moving applicator in a sweeping motion. Follow the record grooves around the record two times. Dust particles will collect on the applicator. (If record is excessively dirty, use the applicator to pick up debris every quarter turn of the record. Remove debris from applicator (step 5) each quarter turn.)
5. Remove excess dust from the applicator by moving it’s velvet ribbon across the ruffled portion of the ALL-PURPOSE RECORD CLEANER bottle cap. You can also use a clean brush to do this. Some stiff painter’s brushes, or cosmetics brushes will work well.
6. If excessive ALL-PURPOSE RECORD CLEANER is applied to the record and spots or residue form, let the record dry and then re-clean the record, following steps 1 through 5.
Once clean, you should protect your records treat with LAST RECORD PRESERVATIVE.
Watch a video of the record cleaning process here:
How to clean LAST® Applicators
Last applicators can become dirty and contaminated in the process of cleaning records and applying LAST Record Preservative. They may be easily cleaned using the following operation.
Place lukewarm water in a shallow pan or bowl. Stir in a few drops of dish-washing detergent. Place dirty applicators in the container and let soak for a few minutes. Remove the applicators from the solution and gently rub the velvet faces together to dislodge soil. Rinse under cool running water, blot with paper or cloth toweling. Allow to air dry and place back into use.